Tracer Gas Leak Standards
Tracer gas leak standards are devices that emit a controlled flow of gas through a pressurized reservoir and are used to calibrate various tracer gas leak detectors. They are manufactured in various configurations for use with sniffer test devices, vacuum test devices and other leak tester machines.
Cincinnati Test Systems is an industry-leading supplier of leak standards for a diverse range of leak and flow testing applications. Our tracer gas leak standards and leak test systems are manufactured to precision tolerances to meet your specific flow and pressure requirements. And, because every customer has different interface needs, we offer a variety of mechanical connection options to facilitate seamless integration between the leak test standard and your existing system.
The lab at Cincinnati Test Systems is A2LA accredited and ISO 17025 certified to ensure that the strictest controlled calibration procedures are followed throughout the manufacturing process. Our tracer gas leak standards are provided with NIST-traceable calibration certificates.
Tracer Gas Leak Test Standards and ComponentsIf your application involves tracer gas technology, we offer a variety of leak standards for very low leak rate applications (as low as 1x10-10). With state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained technicians, we can provide tracer gas leak test systems that are tailored to your specific needs.
Our leak standards are all compatible with several types of tracer gas, unless indicated otherwise. While the most commonly used tracer gases are helium, hydrogen, and SF6, leak standards for other tracer gases are available upon request.
Sniffer Leak Standards
- Capillary Sniffer Model (CPS): Calibrates sniffer test leak detectors and is available for several different gas types and mixes. Available in leak ranges from 10-5 to 10-2 atm-cc/s with other rates available upon request.
- Variable Rate Crimped Capillary Model (CPV): Developed for the calibration of sniffer test leak detectors and available for several different gas types and mixes. Leak rates range from 10-5 to 10-2 atm-cc/s with other rates available upon request.
Vacuum Leak Standards
- FEP Permeation Model (TP): Calibrates vacuum systems and helium leak detectors that test under vacuum. It is well-suited for applications where the helium leak standard will be exposed to contaminants.
- Glass Permeation Model (GP, GPH): Compatible with ultra-high vacuum systems. Available in leak rates ranging from 10-10 to 10-5 atm-cc/s with other rates available upon request.
- Crimped Capillary Model (CP, CPH): Designed for compatibility with ultra-high vacuum systems and available for several gas mixes and gas types.
Sniffer and Vacuum Compatible Leak Standards
- Open Style Crimped Capillary Model (CPO): Contains no reservoir and operates using a regulated gas supply. Available for several different gas types and mixes and in leak rates ranging from 10-7 to 10-1 atm-cc/s. Other inlet and outlet fittings are available upon request.
- Variable Rate FEP Permeation Model (TPV): Calibrates helium leak detectors that test under vacuum and those that utilize a sniffer probe. Features three-point calibration (pressure vs. leak rate).
- FEP Permeation Sniffer Model (TPS): Calibrates helium leak detectors that test under vacuum and systems that sample from atmosphere utilizing a sniffer probe. Provides three-point calibration with attached graph (pressure vs. leak rate).
Other Leak Standard SolutionsOther certified leak standard options include air flow leak standard and leak simulators that are precision manufactured to your exact flow and pressure requirements.
- Our ISO 17025 air flow leak standards provide a leak or flow range of 1x10-5 atm-cc/sec to 50,000 scc/min and a pressure range of -14.7 to 500 psig (-1.0 to 34.5 bar) for standard holders or >500 to 3,000 psig (>34.5 to 206.8 bar) for welded holders.
- Leak simulators are flow meters that verify your leak tester machine instruments are correctly calibrated to a specified leak rate. They feature a compact design and plug directly into the external leak port.
Tracer Gas Leak Standard RecertificationLeak tester machines that are calibrated to a leak standard are required to be certified to provide flow rate at a specified test pressure. In addition to providing new leak standards, we offer a recertification program for our customers’ existing tracer gas leak standards.
Tracer gas leak standards are recertified in our A2LA accredited, ISO 17025 certified lab under strictly controlled processes. After the recertification process is complete, your leak tester machine is returned to you with a serialized NIST-traceable calibration certificate.
Contact Us for Tracer Gas Leak Test Systems
Request a quote on a tracer gas leak standard or other tracer gas leak test solutions from CTS. Or, contact us for a free evaluation of your leak standard requirements.
See individual product listings for additional information and specifications. Download our Calibrated Leak and Flow Standards data sheet to learn more.