Patented ‘Nitrogen Purge’ Leak TestingPatented “Nitrogen Purge” Leak Testing Technology
Typical tracer gas sniffer test systems sample the background to detect helium escaping from a leak. However, background helium concentration fluctuations can make it difficult to consistently distinguish good from bad product, and can result in false leak failures.
Nitrogen purge leak testing is a more effective tracer gas leak test method. It uses nitrogen to force ambient background atmosphere (air, helium, etc.) from a leak test area to increase testing sensitivity for more accurate detection of micro-leaks.
Why Use Nitrogen Purge Leak Testing?
- Can detect leaks as low as 1x10-6 scc/s
- Low cost tracer gas testing method
- Localized sniff testing with superior background control
- Increased sensitivity for improved leak detection accuracy
- Reduces false leak failures
Nitrogen Leak Detection Solutions from Cincinnati Test Systems
Sentinel TracerMate CS Nitrogen Purge Technology with Patented Clam Shell Device
Cincinnati Test Systems’ patented nitrogen purge leak testing unit can eliminate false leak failures. Utilizing low pressure nitrogen, the system creates a helium-free environment for the mass spectrometer gas analyzer to sample and detect micro-leaks.
The CTS Sentinel TracerMate CS clam shell device has inner and outer chambers that surround the part test area. The chambers have ports that allow nitrogen to enter the cavity and force out ambient atmosphere. During the leak test cycle, the inner chamber collects the tracer gas leaking from the part. The outer chamber provides a constant low positive pressure nitrogen curtain to hold back and prevent ambient background from entering, effectively isolating the inner chamber.
Our clam shell nitrogen leak detector is available in custom handheld and benchtop configurations to meet your testing needs.
Features & Benefits of TracerMate CS Nitrogen Leak Detection System
- Patented nitrogen purge testing method provides superior background control, reducing the need for large-chamber hard vacuum test systems
- Nitrogen purge technology increases the sensitivity of sniff testing for greater accuracy and repeatability
- Low pressure nitrogen reduces background to 10-7 atm-cc/s range
- Concentrated nitrogen gas isolation chamber increases sensitivity to accurately detect micro-leaks
- Handheld nitrogen leak detector is small, custom designed to your application, and easily maneuvered to clamp over components, fittings, and joints
- Custom benchtop clamshell nitrogen purge leak test fixtures are designed to fit a broad range of applications
- Nitrogen purge technology can be used in a broad range of heating and cooling applications
- The TracerMate CS is an “all in one” nitrogen leak detection system:
- The instrument provides evacuation, test pressure, a gross leak test, tracer gas backfill, and the exhaust process
- The device integrates easily to control operation and manage test results
Follow the link below or click here for additional product information and specifications. View the video above for more information on CTS nitrogen purge technology. Click here to view the TracerMate CS brochure.
Contact CTS for High Performance Nitrogen Leak Detector Technology
Cincinnati Test Systems wants to be your partner in leak testing. Request a quote or contact us for the high accuracy solution your nitrogen leak test procedure needs.