A2LA Accreditation has been completed by CTS. Cincinnati Test Systems (CTS) is committed to providing the world’s best performing, best quality leak test instruments. We’ve instituted strict test processes and procedures in our facilities to ensure that our customers receive the highest quality leak and flow standards. In support of our testing and quality principles, our lab facilities are A2LA accredited to ISO 17025:2005 flow and pressure calibration.
The American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) is a nonprofit, public service, membership society. They are independent, internationally-recognized third-party accreditors that offer comprehensive laboratory and laboratory-related accreditation services for private and government organizations throughout the United States. A2LA’s mission is to provide independent, world-class accreditation that inspires confidence in the quality of products and services from accredited organizations.
In January 2016, after successfully completing a stringent evaluation process, CTS was granted A2LA accreditation for technical competence in the field of calibration, specifically the performance of a number of flow and pressure calibration processes. CTS’ A2LA accreditation is valid through January 2018, updated on an annual basis.
Calibration Accreditation Requirements
To achieve A2LA accreditation for calibration, laboratories are assessed against the criteria for ISO 17025:2005 (General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories), as well as A2LA’s own Calibration Program Requirement criteria. A2LA’s Measurement Advisory Committee, or MAC, has created a document that compiles all consensus decisions related to calibration, and, as this document constitutes official A2LA policy, all A2LA-accredited calibration labs are expected to adhere to all criteria expressed in their conformance document.
The A2LA accreditation process included thorough testing of:
- The technical competence of our staff
- The appropriateness and validity of our test methods
- Our testing environment
- The traceability of our calibrations to national standards
A2LA accreditation is valid worldwide, and is officially recognized by a number of federal agencies, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the Departments of Defense and Energy (DoD and DoE), and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
What Does A2LA Accreditation Mean for Our Customers?
Cincinnati Test Systems’ A2LA accreditation gives our customer complete confidence in the results of our calibration processes. Other benefits include:
- Minimized risk: We are proven to be technically competent in test instrument calibration, with effective calibration and test systems in place
- Assurance against expensive rework: Our calibration and testing processes have been thoroughly assessed by an independent third-party
- And, if you sell your products overseas, reduced costs and improved acceptance in those markets: A2LA’s international recognition means that most calibration and testing processes do not need to be performed again to meet international import standards
Contact CTS to learn more about our A2LA accreditation and what it means for you.